Banking & Finance
KPS Legal has an established Banking and Finance team that has gained recognition for working through complicated deals without taking its eyes off the commercial and business objectives of its clients
KPS Legal is an advisor to India's banks and financial services groups whether they operate in domestic or international markets. The firm offers services, ranging from regulatory compliance to strategic legal advice, tailored to the varied needs of national and multinational banks.
Team KPS Legal assists in documentation relating to the portfolio sales of private and multinational banks, securities, mortgage lien, corporate, commercial, and consumer loans, bonds, guarantees and financial derivatives.
Team KPS Legal drafts and vets loan agreements, security trustee agreements, inter-creditor agreements, deeds of guarantee, mortgage deeds, hypothecation deeds, assignment deeds, trust and retention account agreements, escrow agreements, and other similar documents.
Our Banking and Finance Transactional Practice covers:
- Conducting legal due diligence of the borrower entities.
- Structuring and advising on corporate financing transactions, including drafting, negotiating, reviewing and finalizing of transaction documents and security documents.
- Structuring and advising on regulatory aspects of foreign currency loans availed through external commercial borrowings/overseas direct investments.
- Advising foreign lenders on regulatory aspects of creation and perfection of security in relation to foreign currency loans.
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and finalizing transaction documents.
- Advising public and private sector banks and financial institutions on financing of infrastructure projects
- Preparation and finalization of financing and security documents and providing risk analysis of project documents.
- Advising on stamp duty and registration implications and the sufficiency and enforceability of financing and project documents.
Debt Restructuring and Re-financing
- Advising and assisting lenders and borrowers on various modes of debt restructuring and refinancing.